Friday, May 14, 2010

Distancing myself in Facebook

In the last few days, I have deeply restricted my Facebook presence.  Tweaking all my settings and dropping Zoo World, too.  The latter due to the fact that it won't work on my iPad which I am attempting to test.   The former because of the horrible changes that FB is making in extending knowledge across the Public sector.  Here is a good place to start if you want to curtail also.

A short guide to the best way to manage how much information you share via Facebook.
from the BBC News.

Check http://deletefacebook.com for more complete instructions.

If deletion seems too serious a step, then it is possible to deactivate an account which does not remove information but stores it in case you want to go back and start using the social network again.


Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: