Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Dipity (not DooDah!)


How often have I been asked about timeline software? And now it is here - online and free!
Dipity

Not only can you make an elegant timeline, but you have the option of adding descriptions, videos, pictures, links and more to each entry. Want to do it as a project with your students? You can share with individuals by invitation or with the world. Now this is social timelining at its ultimate.

How about a timeline of a current event as it occurs? You can plot events through RSS feeds. You can also subscribe to individual accounts and plot your life (or your friends if you have their info.) - It is already setup for Picasa, YouTube, Blogs, and so very much more. What a great tool.
And it is FUN
I took a few minutes to make a timeline of the Iraq War - by no means complete. I did not use any feeds, but embedded some video, pictures and links. Using the handy embed function, I can show it to you here Click the expansion icon on the bottom right to see it in all its glory.




I think this is one of my favorite recent tools. Here is an example of a timeline of posts to two of my blogs - I just added the feeds:



Technorati Tags:

No comments: