Studying Western Expansion, European history, state or country capitals - relate them to interactive maps that are created by your students.
Here are some examples taken from the Google Blog
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66: A glimpse into life on the legendary (and now-decommissioned) highway, and what drivers will find there today
- Around Japan in 28 Days: Catalogs a trip across Japan that can be done in 3 weeks
- 2004 Presidential Election: Red states, blue states, and election stats for each
- The World of Hello World: A map of programming languages and rough locations in the world where they were created
- Olympic Host Cities: Cities that have hosted the Olympic Games with links to related Wikipedia information
- The Googleplex: A photo essay on life at the Google headquarters in Mountain View
- Monster Sightings: Locations of monster sightings across the globe
Want some help - contact me.
Extension - you can place these maps on the globe using GoogleEarth!!!!